Being vigilant is the first step towards securing one’s home, business and assets. Most individuals in the modern day have started to install surveillance camera systems for securing and protecting their personal and professional lives. In recent times, digital surveillance systems can be remotely accessed in real-time through smart phones, tablets, and laptops by simply connecting them over the internet.
There are several brands which offer a wide range of security camera products.
This guide will provide you with a basic reference point on how to access your security footage over your portable devices. Firstly, let have a look into a few mobile apps for both Android and
Recommended apps for Android devices:
- Alfred Home Security Camera App
Alfred Home Security Camera app provides features like remote access, live real-time video streaming, free cloud storage, walkie talkie functions, zoom among others. It is free for download and use.
Recommended Apps for
iDVR– Pro Viewer App
ZavioIP Camera iPhone App
Below are simple steps in the process to link your portable device with your home security or outdoor security camera:
Certain brands have their own customized app. If you do, then just follow the steps below.
- Follow the process for app installation from the user manual.
- Install the app on your device
- Next is to add the camera shown in the app on your phone.
- Click on the added Camera and it will show you live feed on your device
- Depending on the app, you can also customize configurations for alerts, audio, motion detection, etc.
Creating a link using 3
rd partysoftware with your device using WIFI
If the manufacturer you have chosen does not have a customized app, you can always choose any of the apps we have listed for your benefit above. The process is same with customized apps.
Connecting DVR to
If you are using a DVR for your security camera the process is as below:
- Connect your DVR to your router either via WIFI or LAN cable
Install the manufacturer's customized app or a 3
- Open the app and enter the IP address, Admin ID and Password
- Click enter and your device is now connected